gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » Fair price to ask for my TdF
Fair price to ask for my TdF 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:30 am Reply with quote
lnlogauge
Im curious what I can get for my Gitane TdF, since I need money for college now nore than I need a vintage bike.

Its a 49cm (or possibly 50, been awhile since I measured) Reynolds 531 green Tour De France, Stronglight P3 headset, Stronglight SC 93 crankset, rims and hubset have no visible identification on them, just M M atom on the skewers, simplex prestige shifters, simplex prestige front and rear derailleurs, Mafac brake levers, and Mafac competition racing brake calipers. Lyotard 460 D pedals.

I did give away the brooks saddle, not knowing the value of it and how nice it looked on the bike. I took apart the bike completely to restore it, and everything does work well. The rear derailleur could use some adjustment, since it has been few years since I restored it. Its in surprisingly good conditon, with a decent scratch on the center tube, other than that its just small scratches and decal imperfections. New tires, shifter and brake cables, handlebar tapes, new seat, Its basically ready to ride with adjustments. I spent 150.00 when I did restore it a couple years ago. I'll take pics of it tomorrow, heading to work now. So what would be a fair price to list it at?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
Depends on the condition, but really depends on the market, and how much someone wants it. I am not going to speculate on a price...

Fair price to ask for my TdF 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane