|Joined: 06 May 2016|
|Finished restoring the tandem yesterday!
Work and changes include:
-The hubs were re-laced to new alloy rims to replace the steel rims, which was done at a LBS. Everything else I did myself.
-Touch up paint on the frame, clean, polish and wax frame.
-Repack and replace bearings in hubs and BBs, repack headset.
-Soaked the chains in penetrating oil to loosen up some stuck links, scrubbed rust off the best I could.
-Cleaned up the derailleurs and got them moving smoothly again.
-Oiled the old pedals to get them turning smoothly again.
-Cleaned rust from rack, fenders, cranks, pedals, handlebars.
-New stem, bar tape and stoker grips.
-New aero brake levers, new brake pads, all new cables and housings
We took it out on our first ride together - lots of fun but we're going to need some practice
Here's some pics!