gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Owner Gallery » 1976 Gitane Gran Sport
1976 Gitane Gran Sport 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:55 am Reply with quote
JasH
Apologies - re-post from Vintage forum as it should now be on Owner's Gallery Smile. Thanks to Chas for his help on the ID Smile

-------------

Hi All,

Completed it a few weeks ago but had seatpost issues on the first ride so had to replace the seatpost and tighten up in a few other places. Now it's all done as my first rebuild!

New wheels, seat, seatpost, chain and pedals. Modified the bar shape and added new bartape, also managed to source old Mafac Racer brakes in great condition from eBay and used those rather than try and fit newer style ones. Spent about €230 on the additions of which 150 was the wheels! So including the original 15 euros spent on the original bike at the brocante I've got a cool
"new" single speed for about 250 Euros (325 bucks), better than buying one complete and I've learnt a lot during the process! It held up well 15km round trip to a tabac for a couple of Leffe Rubies and got a lot of admirers as it was parked outside the bar!

Next project... Just bought a 70s Peugeot Lady (without wheels) for 5 (yes 5!) euros!!! My wife says I'll never get her off her Kona to ride it when it's done. We'll see! (Interestingly it came with a perfect set of Mafac Racer brakes too... after I'd spent more on eBay!)

Jas

Felt Redemption 3
Felt F95 Team
1976 Gitane Gran Sport "Charger"! (Singlespeed rebuild)
==================================

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:03 am Reply with quote
peazweag
Nice job ! I really like the looks of it with the new & old parts.LOOKS GREAT! Smile
1976 Gitane Gran Sport 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Owner Gallery