gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » Gitane Rallye parts, most of a bike
Gitane Rallye parts, most of a bike 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:26 am Reply with quote
derosa
The wife and I are looking to start doing more miles, on the tandem including touring and pulling a kid's trailer which I feel requires newer, sturdier equipment. The original stuff is actually fairly low miles since neither I nor the original owner used it much at all. But newer, wider gearing, stiffer rims and stronger brakes would make me happier so I'm supplementing the upgrades by selling this stuff to someone who hopefully wants to bring their old Gitane closer to original shape. I am not selling the seat posts and stems, everything else is available. Shipping is over and above the listed price.

Cranks are stronglights, two of the dust caps are original stronglight and two are not though still french, just later plastic. Oddly enough all 4 caps are incredibly tight fits that are very difficult to put back in. Both french thread bbs are included though not the large piece the front bb fits in. 50.00 for the whole set.

The wheels don't include the tires/tubes but do include the skewers and freewheel. They are mavic rims with a malliard front hub and I'm not certain what the back is but it does have a drum brake attached. These are straight and true with good spoke tension. 75.00

Derailleurs are simplex front and rear. Not much to say on them. 25.00 with simplex downtube shifters for the pair.

Mafac canti brakes with levers, the left lever is for a double cable to deal with the rear drum brake. 20.00 for cantis and levers.

Maybe 150.00 for the whole system and I'll throw in the handlebars as well? Prices are negotiable. I'm more interested in the parts being used and having the spare cash I need for 2 pairs of french thread phil wood BBs.
Gitane Rallye parts, most of a bike 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane