gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » Gitane Champion
Gitane Champion 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote
wavy
Gitane Champion, blue tubes with yellow and black logo, Maillet group, Solida cranks. Sheldon says French steel frames make excellent fixies, and I have to admit that the idea of removing the group and replacing the cranks, BB, and brakes appeals to me; slightly.

But I already have a fixie, a dohno that I stripped bare and had powdercoated in clear, and will probably become my beater if I turn the Gitane into a fixie.

Okay purists, I still have the original parts, except for the yellow cable housing and bar tape, so don’t get mad at me for changing the bars, levers, and saddle to make it a more comfortable ride

While I might sell the bike, and parts, I don't do eBay; I'd prefer someone who really cares about classic steel. Mostly I'm curious in your idea of value. Thanx.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote
lofter
hi , wavy. id say maybe i think thats bout a 87 or so . maybe 100 to 250 on ebay. specially since it has all original parts. just my guess, i watch ebay for gitanes alot too. i seen stephen bid on the stem . i thought bout buying it and i usually wai till the last couple seconds to bid ,but i backed off when i seen stephen bid on it early. nice bike wavy , i thought bout buying one like it to turn into a touring rig since it has the eyelets. and welcome to gitaneusa.com
Gitane Champion 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane