gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Pro Racing - Classics/Giro/Tour.... » CONTADOR: POSITIVE FOR DOPING Goto page 1, 2  Next
CONTADOR: POSITIVE FOR DOPING 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
Contador announced today that he failed a doping control during the Tour de France this year.

Blames it on "food contamination".

We'll see....

Alberto Contador tests positive for clenbuterol

By:
Cycling News
Published:
September 30, 00:19,
Updated:
September 30, 00:47

view thumbnail gallery

Tour de France test carried out on July 21, Spaniard blames food contamination

Alberto Contador has revealed he has failed an anti-doping test for the banned substance clenbuterol during this year's Tour de France.

Contador won the Tour de France for a third time in July, beating Andy Schleck by 39 seconds.

The doping control in question was carried on July 21 during the second rest of the Tour in Pau, in the Pyrenees. The day after, Contador set up overall victory by finishing in the same time as Schleck at the summit of the Col du Tourmalet.

A message issued by Contador's personal press officer said Contador had been a victim of food contamination and would give a press conference in his home town of Pinto, near Madrid at mid-day on Thursday.

"Alberto Contador is affected by a doping control at the last Tour de France on July 21, where it was found the substance clenbuterol," the automatically translated message reads.

"From the time of the first communication from the UCI, August 24, Alberto Contador alleged food contamination as the only possible explanation of what happened and has been turned over to the cyclist authorities since then in the confidence that this very serious problem could be clarified, which now is public."

"The experts consulted so far have agreed also that this is a food contamination case, especially considering the number of tests passed by Alberto Contador during the Tour de France, making it possible to define precisely both the time the emergence of the substance as the tiny amount detected, ruling out any other source or intentionality."

"Alberto Contador will offer today, 30 September, at 12.00 hours, a Press Conference at Hotel Las Artes in Pinto (Paseo de las Artes, n º 15), in order to give his version of what happened to the public."

Contador rode for the Astana team this year but joined Bjarne Riis at Saxo Bank for 2011. Both Riis and the UCI's Pat Mcquaid were unavailable to comment.

Cyclingnews will bring you more on the story as it evolves.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:18 pm Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
From the U.S. DEA web site:

Introduction:

Clenbuterol is a potent, long-lasting bronchodilator that is prescribed for human use outside of the U.S. It is abused generally by bodybuilders and athletes for its ability to increase lean muscle mass and reduce body fat (i.e., repartitioning effects). However, clenbuterol is also associated with significant adverse cardiovascular and neurological effects.

Licit Uses:

In the U.S., clenbuterol is not approved for human use; it is only approved for use in horses. In 1998, the FDA approved the clenbuterol-based Ventipulmin Syrup, manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc., as a prescription-only drug for the treatment of airway obstruction in horses (0.8-3.2 µg/kg twice daily). This product is not intended for human use or for use in food-producing animals.

Outside the U.S., clenbuterol is available by prescription for the treatment of bronchial asthma in humans. It is available in tablets (0.01 or 0.02 mg per tablet) and liquid preparations. The recommended dosage is 0.02-0.03 mg twice daily.

Chemistry and Pharmacology:

Clenbuterol is a beta2-adrenergic agonist. Stimulation of the beta2-adrenergic receptors on bronchial smooth muscle produces bronchodilation. However, clenbuterol, like other beta adrenergic agonists, can produce adverse cardiovascular and neurological effects, such as heart palpitations, muscle tremors, and nervousness. Activation of beta-adrenergic receptors also accounts for clenbuterol’s ability to increase lean muscle mass and reduce body fat, although the downstream mechanisms by which it does so have yet to be clearly defined.

After ingestion, clenbuterol is readily absorbed (70-80%) and remains in the body for awhile (25-39 hours). As a result of its long half life, the adverse effects of clenbuterol are often prolonged.

Illicit Uses:

Clenbuterol is abused for its ability to alter body composition by reducing body fat and increasing skeletal muscle mass. It is typically abused by athletes and bodybuilders at a dose of 60-120 µg per day. It is often used in combination with other performance enhancing drugs, such as anabolic steroids and growth hormone.

It is also illicitly administered to livestock for its repartitioning effects. This has resulted in several outbreaks of acute illness in Spain, France, Italy, China, and Portugal 0.5-3 hours after individuals ingested liver and meat containing clenbuterol residues. The symptoms, which included increased heart rate, nervousness, headache, muscular tremor, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, fever, and chills, typically resolved within 2 to 6 days. Consequently, the U.S. and Europe actively monitor urine and tissue samples from livestock for the presence of clenbuterol.

There have also been reports of clenbuterol-tainted heroin and cocaine. Although no deaths were attributed to the clenbuterol exposures, the individuals were hospitalized for up to several days due to clenbuterol intoxication.

User Population:

Clenbuterol is typically abused by athletes. It is thought to be more popular among female athletes as the repartitioning effects are not associated with the typical androgenic side effects (i.e., facial hair, deepening of the voice, and thickening of the skin) of anabolic steroids. Professional athletes in several different sports have tested positive for clenbuterol. Clenbuterol is also marketed and abused for weight-loss purposes.

Illicit Distribution:

Clenbuterol is readily available on the Internet as tablets, syrup, and an injectable formulation. The drug is purportedly obtained by illegal importation from other countries where it is approved for human use.

DEA forensic laboratories reported 8 clenbuterol drug items in 2006, 28 items in 2007 and 18 items in 2008. In the first half of 2009, 6 items were reported by DEA laboratories. According to National Forensic Laboratory Information System (NFLIS), state and local forensic laboratories reported 24 clenbuterol drug items/exhibits in 2006, 18 items/exhibits in 2007, and 3 items/exhibits in 2008. From January to June 2009, one item/exhibit was identified as clenbuterol by state and local laboratories. The relatively small numbers are likely a reflection of the non-controlled status of clenbuterol in the United States.

Control status:

Clenbuterol is currently not controlled under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). However, clenbuterol is listed by the World Anti-Doping Agency and the International Olympic Committee as a performance enhancing drug; therefore athletes are barred from its use. Presently, no states have placed clenbuterol under control.

Benefit of the doubt - for now... 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:31 pm Reply with quote
verktyg
Sandman... You beat me to it!

By JOHN LEICESTER, AP Sports Writer:

PARIS – Three-time Tour de France champion Alberto Contador of Spain tested positive for a banned steroid while winning this year's race and has been suspended by cycling's governing body.

A World Anti-Doping Agency-accredited lab in Cologne, Germany, found a "very small concentration" of clenbuterol in Contador's urine sample on July 21 at the Tour, according to a statement from the UCI.

But the amount was "400 time(s) less than what the antidoping laboratories accredited by WADA must be able to detect," the cycling organization said.

Both Contador's A and B samples tested positive and the cyclist has been "formally and provisionally suspended," the UCI said.

If Contador is proved to have cheated, cycling would suffer a devastating blow. Having invested millions of dollars in recent years in what is widely regarded as the one of the most stringent anti-doping regimes anywhere, cycling authorities hoped to be turning the corner on widespread doping by riders that had long made a mockery of the sport. Although just 27, Contador is already the greatest rider of his generation. His victories at the Tour and elsewhere were seen as a possible break from cycling's dirty past.

The UCI's statement gave no indication of whether Contador will be stripped of his latest Tour title or be banned.

"The UCI continues working with the scientific support of WADA to analyze all the elements that are relevant to the case. This further investigation may take some more time," the statement said.

Jacinto Vidarte, Contador's publicist, released a statement saying the cyclist insists food contamination is the only possible explanation.

"The experts consulted so far have agreed also that this is a food contamination case, especially considering the number of tests passed by Alberto Contador during the Tour de France," Vidarte said in the release, "making it possible to define precisely both the time the emergence of the substance as the tiny amount detected, ruling out any other source or intentionality."

WADA director general David Howman told The Associated Press on Thursday that testing positive for even the most minute amounts of clenbuterol could be enough to sanction an athlete, although he refused to discuss the specifics of Contador's case.

"The issue is the lab has detected this. They have the responsibility for pursuing. There is no such thing as a limit where you don't have to prosecute cases. This is not a substance that has a threshold," said Howman, reached by telephone as he was changing planes in Dubai on his way to the Commonwealth Games in India.

"Once the lab records an adverse finding, it's an adverse finding and it has to be followed up."

"Clenbuterol is a substance that has been used for over 20 to 30 years," he added. "It is not anything new. Nobody has ever suggested it is something you can take inadvertently."

Contador was first made aware of the positive test on Aug. 24, according to Vidarte's statement.

In July, Contador won the Tour de France for the third time in four years, beating Andy Schleck of Luxembourg by 39 seconds.

Contador is a lithe but powerful rider who likes to use explosive bursts of speed up sharp mountain climbs to shake off rivals. Having won all three Grand Tours of France, Italy and Spain, something seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong never achieved, he appeared destined to become one of cycling's all-time greats.

Contadoper, Fraud Landis, Vinodoperov, Tyler Hamildoper, Jan Ullrichdoper... Embarassed

1984 Criterium
1969 TdF
1971 TdF
1974 TdF
1984 TdF x 2 Bikes
1970 SC
1971 SC
1972 SC
1984 SC
1984 Team Pro
1985 Professional
1990s Team Replica

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:48 am Reply with quote
mikkla
lol, Contadoper, food contamination my @ss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:27 am Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
Chas.: No staunch defense this time??? Wink

Of course, we have yet to see everything, but from the looks of it, Contador's initial claim of defense appears to have at least some merit.

Either way, serious reforms are necessary.

New news...courtesy of Spain: The 2nd at the Vuelta also had an A sample come back positive. B sample has yet to be tested.

Spanish cycling is in need of an enema.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:43 am Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
Contador's defense seems to be predicated on the fact that there was so little found, that it is likely that the substance was present due to unintentional injestion from a secondary source (i.e., it was in the food).

But Chinese cyclist Li Fuyu was suspended for 2 years for the exact same substance, in almost identical amounts:
Anti-doping expert lends Li support in doping case

By: Richard TylerPublished: May 9, 10:53, Updated: May 9, 11:09Edition:First Edition Cycling News, Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chinese rider claims he never knowingly took Clenbuterol

RadioShack's Fuyu Li has received the support of Dutch anti-doping expert Douwe de Boer as he attempts to clear his name of a positive doping control for asthma medication, Clenbuterol.

Li was provisionally suspended by the International Cycling Union and his team on April 22, after he was found positive for Clenbuterol in a control conducted at the Dwars Door Vlaanderen on March 23.

De Boer, a biochemist from the University Hospital Maastricht and former director of the WADA-approved laboratory in Lisbon, Portugal, said the levels of the drug detected in Li's sample are below those that would be expected in the case of intentional injestion.

"Laboratories must be able to find 1.00 ng/mL, while a normal threshold value is considered to be 2.00 ng/mL. The value of 0.05-0.10 ng/mL that was found in Fuyu Li's body points clearly in the direction of a contamination. On top of that, such a low dose would not help his performance in any way," said De Boer, in a statement issued by Li this week.

Li faces disciplinary action from the Chinese cycling federation. The 31 year-old has asserted that he never knowingly took the medication, which is banned in and out of competition due to its off-label uses as a weight-loss drug and anabolic agent.

"I have no idea how the Clenbuterol came into my body. All I know is that I have never taken doping in my entire career. My role at team RadioShack was one of a humble helper, nothing more," he said.

"I am 31 years old and I know I could not move up to a leading role in the team, I was just extremely honoured to be selected for this team and tried to do my job right. I have won the China Games a couple of times, which makes me a famous sportsman in China. I have a lot to lose in China and nothing to prove any more in my country. There was no incentive for me to do something crazy like doping and I did not do that. Not now, not at any other moment in my career."

De Boer added that the low levels found in Li's sample could be an indication of contaminated food stuffs. "The extremely low value points in the direction of a contamination. Clenbuterol contaminations exist in food supplements and in meat. Clenbuterol is often used to improve the visible quality of meat," he said.

"There have been several scandals in China, with Clenbuterol poisoning of people by eating heavily contaminated meat. My best guess would be that something like this caused Fuyu Li's positive. I hope he will be treated fairly in his process in China."

Despite providing a possible scenario for Li's positive test, De Boer said it would be difficult to determine exactly how the drug had entered his system.

"Doping rules are saying that a rider himself is held responsible for irregularities in his body. It will be hard, if not impossible to really prove how he did get the Clenbuterol in his urine, though. Again, the poor food safety in China would be my best educated guess," he said.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:36 am Reply with quote
lofter
sandranian wrote:

Of course, we have yet to see everything, but from the looks of it, Contador's initial claim of defense appears to have at least some merit.

sorry im not buying it this time around either sandman, as much as i have tried to defend others in the past , only to look like a idiot afterwards ,i cannot believe anything anymore . as much as i want our heros to be clean , american or not, they r not . im not buying the contaminated meat thing .its called micro dosing .this sport will never be clean .....ever. the only thing im looking foward to now is the spring classics.and not because i think someone is going to be clean ,but just because its the spectical of being the classics and the punishment they dish out to the riders and thats it. no more defense of anyone period. and thats from the start of bicycle racing all the way up to today . everybody has doped in my eyes .sorry to lump everybody in together but it is what it is. even my heros from the eighties too . if anquetil merkxx were caught , why am i so gullible to believe our guys from gitane were any different?name me one reason i should believe ? sorry for the rant , now flame away at my ass!
Nolo contendere 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:01 am Reply with quote
verktyg
sandranian wrote:

Nolo contendere - "I do not wish to contend." Embarassed

Last edited by verktyg on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

1984 Criterium
1969 TdF
1971 TdF
1974 TdF
1984 TdF x 2 Bikes
1970 SC
1971 SC
1972 SC
1984 SC
1984 Team Pro
1985 Professional
1990s Team Replica
Now it is getting interesting.... 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
A German journalist, who "specializes" in doping in sport, alleged that the reason for the trace amounts of the drug in Contador's body is that he may have had a blood transfusion on the rest day. Here is the article, which makes some additional interesting allegations, specially with regards to the plastic "residue" in Contador's blood, which is indicative of a transfusion:

Thursday, September 30, 2010

German journalist claims UCI denied Alberto Contador positive test, says rider may have received transfusions

Alleges traces of a plasticizer in blood bags were found in rider’s blood sample

by VeloNation Press at 1:25 PM EST Article Rating

Alberto Contador Pat McQuaidHans Joachim Seppelt, a journalist with the German TV station ARD, has cast doubts on Alberto Contador’s explanation for his Clenbuterol positive, making the explosive claim that chemical traces in samples taken during the 2010 Tour de France suggest he may have received a blood transfusion.

Seppelt, who specializes in doping matters and who was German sports journalist of the year in 2007, was speaking on ARD’s Mittags Magazin programme. He claimed that they contacted UCI president Pat McQuaid yesterday and received a complete denial that Contador was being investigated.

“We have been on this case for weeks and we knew a few days ago,” he said during the television interview. “We tried to contact the UCI yesterday, but they said they won't give a comment. We then called Pat McQuaid. He said 'I don't even know what you are talking about'."Then later the press release came out. So the UCI was lying yesterday.”

The news that ARD was poised to break the story could explain why Contador’s press agent released the news hours before the Elite world championship time trial.

Seppelt felt that the governing body was deliberately stalling. “The UCI has had many problems with credibility in the last few years, like in the case of Lance Armstrong. [In Contador's case] the A and B sample were already taken, the procedure was done and still the public wasn't informed. It appears they want to keep this case under the covers or give Alberto Contador the opportunity to find arguments for his innocence. This should not happen. To me it appears to be a cartel from those who want to conceal.”

A more explosive claim relates to another matter. Contador held a press conference today and said that the most likely source for the Clenbuterol traces found in his urine sample was from a piece of tainted meat someone brought across the border from Spain.

ARD’s contention is that the traces could be in blood that was taken out of the rider during a non-competitive period, then reinfused back in around the time of the second rest day, when the urine sample in question was taken. The inference is that not enough care was taken to ensure that Contador was clear of the substance when the blood was taken out.

Even if this was checked in a laboratory, the Cologne lab used for analysing Tour samples has far more sensitive equipment when it comes to looking for substances such as Clenbuterol.

“ARD has obtained the exact values from Spain. This shows that it is not very likely that we are dealing with contaminated foods, especially in light of the fact that in Europe, it is highly unlikely that foods, such as meat, are contaminated with clenbuterol. It happens in Asian countries, but it is strictly prohibited in Europe. Also, there were no other positive test cases with contaminated meat, so the statement from Contador is not credible.

“There are other, very, very incriminating suspicious facts against Contador. Other values have appeared that are ten times over the higher value from so-called plasticizers [such as di-(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP) – ed.] which are used in blood bags. These values were measured one day before the positive dope control. These blood bag softener values could indicate that autologous blood doping may have been performed.”

“The UCI completely kept this under the covers,” he continued. “They didn't say anything to this yesterday. Again the question about the credibility of the UCI comes up.” Seppelt didn’t reveal the source for his information about the plasticizer values, or explain why the urine sample that pinpointed this didn’t also show high levels of Clenbuterol.

Contador has provided supporting evidence from experts he has commissioned, and said that he is confident that he will be cleared. He argues that the levels concerned, 50 trillionths of a gram, are 400 time less than what antidoping laboratories accredited by WADA must be capable of detecting, and are so miniscule as to confer no possible benefit.

Despite this assertion, Seppelt argues that the rider will ultimately be both disqualified and suspended.

“If the other incriminating factors are added, if potential autologous blood doping was used and if it can be proved - which is currently strongly debated - then there is the question if Alberto Contador can keep his yellow jersey. I am pretty certain that just like Floyd Landis, the title will be taken away from him in the foreseeable future. It is not only the Tour winner who looks to stand in a shady light, but especially the UCI, which couldn't prove its credibility.”

When asked if it was a serious issue for cycling, he suggested that it could be wider than that. “You can ask the question if it is a cycling problem or a problem of organised sports,” he said. “I think the UCI has a problem and a president who lies. He clearly stated that there is no doping case, only to say the opposite the next day.”

Rasmus Damsgaard, who previously ran the internal anti-doping programme in the Astana team, has already suggested that the Clenbuterol traces might be linked to a transfusion of blood taken out earlier in the season.

“If the data is correct then it’s most likely that it is a ‘Landis’,” Damsgaard told Danish TV station TV2 via SMS. “It would suggest that he has received a transfusion of his own blood, taken out a few months earlier when he used clenbuterol, which he has gotten back into his body.”

Germany has a history of being tough on doping matters. Contador is certain to dispute what ARD is claiming, but Seppelt’s claims add another dimension to the debate. They also indicate that the Tour winner may have a very tough fight on his hands.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5846/German-journalist-claims-UCI-denied-Alberto-Contador-positive-test-says-rider-may-have-received-transfusions.aspx#ixzz112q8vAH4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Wisey
This appears to be the most likely scenario to me. I still find it impossible to believe that these skinny little climbers produce more watts in a TT than Merckx, Hinault, LeMond, et al.

Delta Dreamin'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
mikkla
lofter wrote:
sorry im not buying it this time around either sandman, as much as i have tried to defend others in the past , only to look like a idiot afterwards ,i cannot believe anything anymore . as much as i want our heros to be clean , american or not, they r not . im not buying the contaminated meat thing .its called micro dosing .this sport will never be clean .....ever. the only thing im looking foward to now is the spring classics.and not because i think someone is going to be clean ,but just because its the spectical of being the classics and the punishment they dish out to the riders and thats it. no more defense of anyone period. and thats from the start of bicycle racing all the way up to today . everybody has doped in my eyes .sorry to lump everybody in together but it is what it is. even my heros from the eighties too . if anquetil merkxx were caught , why am i so gullible to believe our guys from gitane were any different?name me one reason i should believe ? sorry for the rant , now flame away at my ass!

I'm totally with you on this.
The guy with a lucky day and the best doctor wins the race, thats how it is in my eyes.
Always has always will.

"he may have had a blood transfusion on the rest day" LMAO, was he in a car crash or any other accident on the rest day that he needed a blood transfusion???
I know why they do it, but that someone ever came up with that idea is sickening and shows how f****d up this sport is becoming.

My 2 cents..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Wisey
Everyone here knows that I don't condone doping in any way but I'm starting to think that it isn't the doping that is killing this sport. It is the inept and corrupt leadership that is allowing this to continue.

Cyclingnews:

Contador says UCI told him to stay quiet over clenbuterol affair
By: Jean-François QuénetPublished: October 3, 13:10

Spaniard explains why Astana and Saxo Bank were not informed

Both Alberto Contador’s current and next teams Astana and Saxo Bank have felt offended that the winner of the Tour de France didn’t inform them about the ongoing investigation regarding the food contamination that led to the detection of clenbuterol in his urines last July. But the Spaniard came up with an excuse, saying that the UCI asked him to shut up over the matter.

“The UCI always asked me not to tell anybody”, Contador revealed to Danish network TV2. “It seemed that everything was in order and would be resolved internally. Because of the confidentiality requested by the UCI, I haven’t told anything to Bjarne Riis.” The Spaniard earlier said to Danish newspaper BT: “Perhaps I should have told him sooner, but I decided ultimately that it was best for all parties not to say anything.”

Contador’s current team Astana issued a statement on Friday in which the direction of the team regretted that they “just learnt yesterday from a press release issued by his press officer that Alberto Contador had an abnormal doping control during last Tour de France. The headers are now expecting further explanations from Alberto Contador.”

Cyclingnews understands that his employers would have appreciated to be informed by Contador when he joined them to ride a criterium in Kazakhstan last week. Vinokourov’s entourage reported that the Spanish star had been very friendly with everyone from the Astana team although he’s leaving for joining Saxo Bank next year.

During his press conference in Geelong, Australia, on Saturday, UCI president Pat McQuaid somehow confirmed the confidentiality clause as he said: “The results process has to be confidential, it is not about speculation, but about the research of the scientific aspects. Leaks are not fair to the system and speculation does not help. It can be compared to the work of an investigative magistrate, which is also confidential.”

The news was broken by Contador’s personal press officer because German TV station ARD was about to report about the case and that’s how Astana, Saxo Bank and the general public were all informed at the same time.

“It is in our interest and the sport’s interest, that this thing comes to a conclusion as quickly as possible”, McQuaid underlined.

Delta Dreamin'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:57 pm Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
Wisey wrote:
Both Alberto Contador’s current and next teams Astana and Saxo Bank have felt offended that the winner of the Tour de France didn’t inform them about the ongoing investigation regarding the food contamination that led to the detection of clenbuterol in his urines last July.

Uh...it is a positive test...and there is no "investigation regarding...food contamination". What a strange way to phrase it!

But yes, I would agree with you regarding the leadership in cycling. Very odd.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:19 pm Reply with quote
scozim
mikkla wrote:

I'm totally with you on this.
The guy with a lucky day and the best doctor wins the race, thats how it is in my eyes.
Always has always will.

My 2 cents..

Funny, this is the exact conversation I was having wtih another rider at about 70 km into our 100 km ride. Since the mid-90's I've been pretty suspicious and feel whoever has the best doctor/medical staff behind them are the ones who make it through the testing "clean".

Reading Fignon's book this year was enlightening - especially when he said those riders who could never stay with him were suddenly leaving him behind.

And, Wisey, I agree, the leadership appears to coddle both sides - the riders/teams so they can make more money - and the fans, to make it look like they are cracking down.

Plus many more
http://eburgcycling.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:26 am Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
“I saw children around my house on their bikes imitating me, and I felt like telling them ‘Let it go, don’t try and be a champion and do it correctly. This world is unjust.’” - Alberto Contador

Cry me a river! What garbage.

CONTADOR: POSITIVE FOR DOPING 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Pro Racing - Classics/Giro/Tour....