gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Modern Gitane » Race Report: Masters State Championships
Race Report: Masters State Championships 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:21 pm Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
I just returned from the California Master's State Road Race Championships. 2 laps of a 31 mile circuit, with a moderate climb in the circuit. I raced in the 40+ 1/2/3 category....

First lap went well...about 20 riders didn't make the cut after the ascent of the climb. On the second lap, I was in the perfect spot, but couldn't match the pace, and was dropped. About a dozen riders were ahead...with 2 more WAY up the road, having gone off in mile 1 right off the start. Everyone thought they would die...they didn't.

I was in "group 2" on the road, and ended up finishing 16th (approx. 50+ starters). My team mate for the day, Dan Vogt, almost caught the 2 breakaway artists...he got 3rd.

Really fun race. The Gitane corners and descends like a demon: Very smooth, very stiff, and handles EXTREMELY well. I have nothing but praise for this bike.

Next year, and 5lbs less, and I will make the front group and will not be dropped on the climb. That really sucked, but for my first road race, I think I did pretty well. I have raced a lot, but only criteriums, because I couldn't climb. Apparently my climbing is getting better, with the more weight that I lose...which makes sense, I guess!

Race Report: Masters State Championships 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Modern Gitane