gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Owner Gallery » Pre 1973 TdF Goto page Previous  1, 2
Original or repaint? 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:06 am Reply with quote
owen.lowe
Hi PBR. I agonised for over a year before I turned my old gold/chanpagne/rust-coloured frame into something far more beautiful. The blue with white bar rebirth is posted on this site in a couple of places. With the parts that have fallen my way over the last 30+ years, it turned out to be the very "show" bike I have always wanted. It has risen from wet-weather hack to favourite Sunday number.

I reckon the colour you have chosen is just spectacular, and with the Aus decals (mine are from the same source) you will be one very proud owner.

I look forward to seeing the finished job - do not skimp - but keep the costs secret from "her". I just bought a pair of original Campag aero levers from UK for far too much, but they will look a treat on my Colnago, so cost is immaterial-ish!

Cheers

OwenL

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote
PBR Streetgang
Thanks for the advice, Owen, but this is a bit of a budget build. There are some high cost items (cranks and BB cups, for example), but most things are reasonable. The chrome may seem over-the-top, but I had a whole bag of hardware to do and it was just ~$45. Now, having said that, I have an early 1974 Carlsbad Masi and that is not a budget build by any stretch of the imagination. Ugh!
Pre 1973 TdF 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Owner Gallery