gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » Welcome! Now the Rules...PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Welcome! Now the Rules...PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Welcome Gitane Fans! This forum is dedicated to furthering knowledge about the Gitane brand and its racing history. You can post and reply to questions about the bikes.

Now for the Rules:

(1) Advertising your Gitane bicycle and parts for them is permitted, however you must post a price for the item! Any add for another brand of bicycle will be deleted...sorry!

(2) No advertising except as stated in Sec. (1), above.

(3) No lewd posts, including anything derogatory about other members.

(4) Sign off posts with your name, city and state, please. This isn't an "anonymous" posting site: If you don't want your name known, don't post anything.

(5) If you want opinions on your bike (i.e. year, model), please post a picture, as the first response you will get will be "post a picture" if there isn't one already! In addition: Check the catalogue section of the GitaneUSA website first and attempt to identify it yourself. Try it...it is fun! You'll learn a bunch too. http://www.gitaneusa.com/catalogues.asp

(6) Questions about the value of your Gitane are permitted, but don't take anything you hear here as gospel, as all collectibles are only worth what someone will pay!

(7) Any mention of Francesco Moser as anything but the man who robbed Laurent Fignon of a Giro win in 1984 will be met with scorn, ridicule, and possible banishment by the moderator (me!).

I think that is about it, until someone comes along and posts something that sparks new rules!

Keep in mind that I am just a Gitane fan who has a small collection of bikes. I set up this site to learn more about the brand because I certainly don't know it all (or even a small fraction of it).

Thanks for your participation!

Stephan Andranian
Costa Mesa, CA
www.gitaneusa.com
Welcome! Now the Rules...PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane