gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » FOR SALE Stronglight 38T Chainrings
FOR SALE Stronglight 38T Chainrings 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quote
verktyg
I've finally got another batch of new Stronglight 38T chainrings.

$40.00 each shipped USPS Priority Mail in the lower 48 states. Outside that area please contact me.

To purchase chainrings or for any questions please click on the PM button below to send me a private massage.

These fit any Stronglight cranks that use 122mm BCD chainrings (BCD = Bolt Center Diameter).

Model: 49 (inner chainring only), 63, 93, 101, 103, 104, 105, 200, 300 and some later model Stronglight cranks.

They are anodized and have a slightly broader web section under the teeth (chainring widths are all the same).

See early style model 200 chainring in this picture:

38T Outside showing countersinks

38T Inside view

How they appear on the bike

Thanks...

1984 Criterium
1969 TdF
1971 TdF
1974 TdF
1984 TdF x 2 Bikes
1970 SC
1971 SC
1972 SC
1984 SC
1984 Team Pro
1985 Professional
1990s Team Replica

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:34 am Reply with quote
LeicaLad
+1 bump.

For any of you who might ever want a smaller chainring on your vintage 122BCD Stronglight cranks, you should be LEAPING at this window of opportunity.

Thanks to Chas, I have one each on my '71 TdF and on my '63 Hetchins. They each sport a Stronglight 93 crankset.

The 38t is the smallest ring you can find (IF you can ever find). Okay, technically there are a few 37t rings that were made, but finding even the "officially" smallest ring of 38t is rare and pricey.

The point: Jump on these. Chas has gone the extra distance to have these milled with countersink holes, too.

Thanks, again, Chas.

Cheers!

Owen W
currently in Kansas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:06 pm Reply with quote
scozim
LeicaLad wrote:
+1 bump.

For any of you who might ever want a smaller chainring on your vintage 122BCD Stronglight cranks, you should be LEAPING at this window of opportunity.

Thanks to Chas, I have one each on my '71 TdF and on my '63 Hetchins. They each sport a Stronglight 93 crankset.

The 38t is the smallest ring you can find (IF you can ever find). Okay, technically there are a few 37t rings that were made, but finding even the "officially" smallest ring of 38t is rare and pricey.

The point: Jump on these. Chas has gone the extra distance to have these milled with countersink holes, too.

Thanks, again, Chas.

Cheers!

Owen W
currently in Kansas

I definitely now concur. They look great! 52-38 is some great range and makes the 13-21 in the rear a little less imposing.

Plus many more
http://eburgcycling.blogspot.com
Any still available? 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
iduff
Might you have a 38T Stronglight chainring still available?

I bought a Tour de France new in 1972 with my paper route savings, and have been riding it ever since. Unfortunately, along the way, not realizing the eventual value of original condition, I've ...ahem... "upgraded".

I had braze-on shifter bosses and cable guides installed and the frame polyurethane painted in the mid-90s, installed Campy C-Record derailleurs and shifters, and C-Record Cobalto brakes and more recently, Speedplay pedals.

Now that I'm a geezer, and not the kid that was able to spin a 46-52 crankset, and 14-21 freewheel, I'm working on changing the gearing to enable me to ride my TdF into my dotage. I've been exercising my degree from the University of Google to assist in my quest for better gearing, and just discovered this forum and your post.

I found a 42T chainring in my parts bin, but would like something even smaller. It would be wonderful if I could PayPal some cash over to you, and have a 38T chainring arrive in the mail.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:27 am Reply with quote
alex224
Do you have 38t available?
How much to send to Spain?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:17 am Reply with quote
LeicaLad
Dear Chas,

Obviously, a man still riding his 1972 TdF is deserving of our help.

And, if you still have a stash, I have one more bike in progress and the Stronglight 93 to go on it. Which is to say, I'd love to be next in line for one more 38t.

Now, if you don't have any, I'd be willing to offer up a 40t to our deserving friend. But let's see what we can collectively do, eh?

Cheers,

Owen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:40 am Reply with quote
Moli
Hello !

Know it's been a long time, but do you still have a 38t, and is there shipping to France ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:15 am Reply with quote
stuartmo
Me Too! could desperately use a reasonably priced 52 & 38-42. My 1971 stronglight is suffereing

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane