gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » Hi Everyone First Gitane (Interclub) dark metalic green
Hi Everyone First Gitane (Interclub) dark metalic green 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:45 pm Reply with quote
JCG
Hi Everyone.

New the board and Purchased my first Gitane this past weekend to cleanup to riding condition. Paid $120 but thought price point should have been $60-$80 without original rims and cassettes. Just happy the seat post was in great shape and not stuck.

Its a Dark Green Interclub same color as the one used in the interclub model picture on website.
The frame, paint and stickers look pretty good shape and has all the cable clamps. Most of the components look original except the previous owner changed the rims and rear cassettes to a 6 speed.

Components:
Rear D Simplex prestiege- one of the jockys is a shimano
Front D Suntour but not sure which one cannot find any identifying marks.
Brakes MAFAC RACER - bonnets look dry with some cracks but should be okay
Stem PIVO
Saddle Frescia D'oro yes a real A$$ cracker as someone said on this board.
Cranks Solida and they look to be in good shape.

The previous owner changed the rims to Weiman AS23X with a shimano 6 speed cassette and told me the bike was mainly used as an indoor trainer.

My goal is to just take everything apart down to the nuts, bolts, bearings clean, grease and put back together spending as little as possible except I would like to source rims as close to original or suggestion for alternatives, that look close to original and same with rear cassettes without breaking the bank. These were 10 speeds correct?

Also has someone posted on the board with a good touch up paint or nail polish color to use on the dark green metalic frame?

I did notice some bronze like discoloration where the tubes meet, it does not look like rust more like paint fade/discoloration?

I will try to post some pictures later

JCG
Hi Everyone First Gitane (Interclub) dark metalic green 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane