gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » Triplizer chainring for Stronglight 93 coming soon
Triplizer chainring for Stronglight 93 coming soon 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote
jonwvara
I'm working with a Vermont CNC machine shop to make a limited production run of 42-tooth triplizer chainrings to fit the beloved Model 93 crankset. It will let you mount any 74 BCD granny ring to the triplizer ring and allow the the 93 to function like any full-size triple, with a small ring as small as 24 teeth.. I've tested a prototype and it works very well. I'm hoping to have the initial run in hand and ready for shipment within a few weeks. Still negotiating with the shop over the final price--I hope to be able to sell them for under $100 each.
I'm a member of this forum, but haven't posted here very often. I'm more of a regular at the Classic and Vintage area of Bike Forums, where there have been a number of threads on this subject over the past few years--I've been trying to get this done for a long time, and am excited to have finally pulled it off. The ongoing Bike Forums thread has some additional information and photos of the prototype ring. You can see it here: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php/895288-Stronglight-triplizer-protoype-photos-finally
Anyone reading this who wants one of the first rings can email me at jonwvara [at] yahoo.com. I'll email people on the list when I know for sure what the price will be, then again when I have the rings in hand and ready to ship.
Jon Vara
Marshfield, Vermont

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:21 am Reply with quote
jonwvara
I now have the first production run of triplizers in hand. The initial price is $74 shipped in the US--that's an unnaturally low "beta group" price that will be going up significantly later if there turns out to be continuing demand for these.
By the way, just finished a 3-day tour with my triplized 93--it performed perfectly throughout.
JV

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:38 am Reply with quote
Frenchbuilt
Nice job. I don't need one but wish you luck on finding some buyers.
Triplizer chainring for Stronglight 93 coming soon 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane